Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trixcie Dates

So here is the trixcie part. My husband started a new job at the end of August and is not off probation until the end of November. If he takes any time off during that period, it is unpaid time. When I go off on medical leave my income (after the two week waiting period) drops to 55% of what I currently make. So we can't really afford to have him take any time off in November.

This wouldn't be a big thing except for the fact that my mother also recently started a new job, this time in September, and can't take any time off during the week either. So on weekends I will have lots of help, but during the week I am going to be on my own.

Again, this is trixcie because I need to be back at work by February, and planning for 8 weeks recovery, that means surgery has to happen in November. Which is going to be tough because my husband can't be there with me, and short of telling more people about this (which I'm still hesitant to do) I am going to be recovering alone.

So how to figure this out? If surgery is on a Friday, then I will have my hubby around (and my mother) for the first few days, which are likely the most crucial. But this all depends on when an OR is available, which might not be a Friday. And given the short notice of all of this and how much logistical work is going on that I don't even know about, Friday might not happen.

With only a small group of people knowing about this surgery, and even fewer of them in this city, this is not easy, and both my hubby and I have been slightly stressing about it. I guess it will be easier to figure things out when we have a specific date and arrangements can be made, but not having anything concrete to go off is hard (I'm not a fan of being in limbo).

As soon as I know more, I'll let you guys know. Until then, question for you: How did you deal with surgery and recovery? Who was there for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment