Monday, April 26, 2010

The Circle of Trust Grows

As I've written here before, I havent really been sharing what I'm doing with a lot of people as they tend to make a big deal out of it, and I'm not really interested in that. I just want to do my thing and move on with life, and the more people who know whats going on, the harder thats going to be.

But there are a few people I cannot hide this from, and one of those people is my best friend. I was fortunate enough to have her come visit for the weekend, and while happy-hour patio hopping on a Friday night I brought her into the small circle of people who know the full story.

I have to admit, its nice having a full 3 people who know whats going on, people I can talk to about this, and people I dont have to hide it from.

And my friend, she reacted exactly the way I needed. She was a bit shocked at first, but let me explain why I was doing what I'm doing, asked a few questions, and then we were able to continue on with our night. It didnt become this big thing or anything like that, she thought it was cool and all that, but didnt shower me with praise or anything. I dont want that.  This is what I wanted and needed.


As for telling other people... I dont think I'm going to tell anyone else until a date is set for the surgery. And even it will very much be on a need to know basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment