Monday, November 22, 2010

What does Anonymous mean to you?

I've had a couple comments/questions about this blog, anonymity, and why I am doing it the way I am. I  want to take a moment and address these as they are quite valid.

When I was looking for information on Kidney Donation, what it would be like and the process, I found some clinical information and some short paragraphs on the experience but nothing real time or detailed. Some of the accounts I found were from a few years ago and I wasn't sure if technology or the procedure had changed and what it would mean for me. I didn't find anything that gave me a real understanding of what the process was like as it was happening. Some recollections were lacking in detail, or focused almost exclusively on the nature of the act and the life it gave to the recipient. Please understand, all of this information is valuable in its own way, but I was looking for something more. And I didn't find it. So I decided to chronicle my journey, in hopes that if there is someone out there looking to donate a kidney, that they would find this information valuable.

I know that the Kidney community is a small one, and please understand in no way shape or form am I trying to jeopardize any one's identity, including the recipient's. I have told very few people what I am doing and may tell more people when I am ready, but am not yet ready yet. I know that there are ways to find out who I am, so I ask for your understanding. Remaining anonymous is a choice that I've made, and I ask that you respect my decision, not only for me, but for the recipient. Their life is a part of this as well.


This blog has also become a personal experience for me. Its become a place for me to talk about the mental and emotional journey this has been, in addition to the physical one. As my husband is starting to realize, the blog itself has become a part of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment