Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Possibilities Give Me Hope

I had a business lunch today with my boss and a local philanthropist and it was one of the most incredible meals I have ever eaten. We were there to talk about the possibility of providing a scholarship for one of the girls in our program, and all he said was "tell me what you need".

Not only is he more than willing to share his good fortune, but he helped come up with ways in which we can take his acts of kindness and make more of an impact on the local community. His focus was on saving one life. Making a difference for 1 girl. And he does this all over the world.

The possibilities for life that come from a man like this give me hope for a better tomorrow. He helps me believe that one person can make a difference, and that you only need to change one life.

I am very fortunate in so many ways, and I want to help in any way that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment